Digital Tutor Forum Forum Index Digital Tutor Forum
Digital Tutor's forum is the place to talk about all things related to Digital Tutor services.

Digital Tutor 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up an online resource of my own, any takes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Digital Tutor Forum Forum Index -> Parent Recommended Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misspiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Setting up an online resource of my own, any takes? Reply with quote

Hello, I am right now a senior in college about to head into my last semester towards earning a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry with ACS Certification. I know that is a mouthful, but the reason I mention the certificate is that it requires a student to complete several extra math courses beyond what is needed for a BS and even BA.

Right now, I planning on setting up a tutoring website with resources to help teach students the core concepts in a utilizing a variety of methods. However, this will, as you can imagine, take time to create each resource and set up the website. I am excited to start; I even want to begin before this semester kicks-off and I am willing to take time out of my schedule to invest in the webpage. I am right now looking around to see if anyone would find this helpful and if they are really interested in using this type of website?

Here are a few other details about what I'm thinking for the site:

I am willing to answer student and parent questions at a certain time each day.

I probably could only post one resource at a time. I've already timed how long they take, and I think a post once a week is due-able. But, that also means it can only be for one math level. I'm thinking pre-algebra because it seems that the transition between arithmetic to algebra trips a lot of students up and I would love to help build the foundation of understanding they need for higher grade levels.

Each resource will be free; however, there will be advertisements. They would not be excessive and with the ad service I am planning on using, I will be approving appropriate ads. Also, I really love tutoring and teaching, but I also need a source of some income. I work a 10 hour job during the semester in the chemistry department, but minimum wage is low right now, I am relying on loans, and it would be nice to have even a little return to help out.

That's all I can really think of. If any one knows another forum I can post the same question, that would be super helpful. If I only get a total of a few or so replies though, I am willing to work out possible tutoring help one-on-one. Just let me know.
Egl59

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite difficult to start the test preparations without proper guidance, especially when we talk about the competitive tests. Even I am struggling to pass my LSAT and will take it for the third time in June. This time I have subscribed to one of the TestMax LSAT Prep Courses and hoping to get success in this attempt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Digital Tutor Forum Forum Index -> Parent Recommended Resources All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: